- Retail is the process of selling consumer goods or services to customers through multiple channels of distribution to earn a profit
- Retailers satisfy demand identified through a supply chain
- The term "retailer" is typically applied where a service provider fills the small orders of many individuals, who are end-users, rather than large orders of a small number of wholesale, corporate or government clientele
- Shopping generally refers to the act of buying products
- Sometimes this is done to obtain final goods, including necessities such as food and clothing; sometimes it takes place as a recreational activity
- Recreational shopping often involves window shopping and browsing: it does not always result in a purchase.
View Product: Retail services definition