- A healthy diet is a diet that helps maintain or improve overall health
- A healthy diet provides the body with essential nutrition: fluid, macronutrients, micronutrients, and adequate food energy
- A healthy diet may contain fruits, vegetables, and whole grains along with milks etc., and may include little to no processed food or sweetened beverages
- The requirements for a healthy diet can be met from a variety of plant-based and animal-based foods, although a non-plant source of vitamin B12 is needed for those following a vegan diet
- Various nutrition guides are published by medical and governmental institutions to educate individuals on what they should be eating to be healthy
- Nutrition facts labels are also mandatory in some countries to allow consumers to choose between foods based on the components relevant to health.
View Product: Fda healthy diet